K-1 Transitional Classroom Instructor
Are you passionate about helping young students with new challenges? Do you want to make a life-changing difference for the kids you work with? Is your life’s work dedicated to setting young students up for long-term academic success?
Trinity School at Edgemere is the OKC metro’s most experienced school dedicated to helping students with Dyslexia and other learning differences reach their fullest academic and social potentials. As a Transitional Classroom Instructor at Trinity School, you’ll be part of an elite team of educators that utilize a blend of proven research-based methodologies. In your role you will prepare students to transition out of Trinity School programs with the tools they need to succeed in traditional school settings.
You’ll write and execute lesson plans that appeal to all learning styles based on Orton-Gillingham reading methods. Your teaching will prepare kindergarten and first graders to apply the tools Trinity School equip them with to traditional classroom settings as they transition to conventional schools. Your class will be capped at six students to ensure you have the time to help them develop the skills necessary to become successful in the classroom.
Transitional Classroom Instructor Responsibilities:
- Create instructional resources for use in the classroom.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities for a class of up to six students.
- Create a positive educational culture for students to learn within.
- Teach students using approved modifications and following Individualized Education Plans.
- Participate in ongoing training and professional development.
- Create lesson plans and modify accordingly throughout the year.
- Maintain records related to grades, attendance, and student performance.
- Create projects designed to enhance lectures.
- Read and stay abreast of current topics in education.
- Utilize various curriculum resources, including Trinity’s proprietary methods.
- Work with school guidance counselors and Administrators of this and other schools to ensure students are well prepared for a transition to new schools.
- Tutor students on an individual basis.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Prepare and distribute required reports.
- Observe and evaluate student’s performance.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by invoking approved disciplinary procedures.
Transitional Classroom Instructor Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- EE Certification Preferred
- 5 years relevant teaching experience
- Current State of Oklahoma Teaching Certificate
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, networking, and verbal and written communication skills.